Sunday, March 12, 2006

OpenCourseWare, free knowlege, as it shoud be.

I'm absolutely amazed. Why? Is easy. A few days ago I was surfing the web looking for information about some courses I'm currently attending at university. Web by web I went into MIT web page, and then I found something calle opencourseware. Opencourseware is a collection of resources for teaching some graduate and undergraduate courses. From phisics to biology you can find course notes, video lessons (really amazing), exams with it´s solutions, ... , everything you need to lear or to teach.

I consider myself as an idealistic one, so when I find things like this, free knowlegde, I feel that the ideal world in which I would like to live is not that far. I can´t understan why some universities, like the one I study in (ulpgc), lock some course notes, and exams, and things like that, instead of opening it´s resources to the world in order to ease enrich human knowlegde, and help underdeveloped countries to grow up.

Today I'm less disapointed with the world.

Enjoy life.

0 Comentarios:

Post a Comment

<< Home